Micro management
Sarah,
The three emails I attached to this email are an exercise in micro management that exceeds anything I want to be involved with. Therefore, I have a problem that I will solve by exiting my participation in the Program Handbook, Financial Reports and Membership functions of Hartford Audubon.
Here are the conditions or dates I will be finished with the three functions:
The three emails I attached to this email are an exercise in micro management that exceeds anything I want to be involved with. Therefore, I have a problem that I will solve by exiting my participation in the Program Handbook, Financial Reports and Membership functions of Hartford Audubon.
Here are the conditions or dates I will be finished with the three functions:
Program Handbook - August 2019Documents or work to be done between now and the above dates:
Financial Reports - May 2021 or earlier if Roberta stops being Treasurer
Membership - At the same time the new Membership system is operational and replaces the current Membership file, but no later than September 2021
Program Handbook - Deliver a PDF of the Program Handbook and HAS Directory to you on July 31. Deliver the Events in Word format to Mona and Doug between Aug 1 and Aug 4. You will take care of the printer, printed booklets, and mailing. You need 273 books for members plus 50 extra.Fred
Financial Reports - Deliver PDF versions of the 2019 Fiscal Year and 2020 Fiscal Year Financial Reports to Roberta in time for the Annual Meeting.
Membership - Continue all Membership activities I have done for the last few years.
Subject:
Program Book and Directory Mailing Schedule |
From:
SARAH FAULKNER <sffaulkner@comcast.net> |
Date:
7/7/2019, 6:15 PM |
To:
"Nowak,
Fred" <frednowak@comcast.net>, "DAmico, Frances"
<frandamico525@yahoo.com>, Annette Pasek <apasek@cox.net> |
CC:
"Mona
Cavellero, home" <mcavallero1@comcast.net>,
khall3296@comcast.net, Doug Beach <beachgolfdesign@att.net>,
Maggie Peretto <wings.mp@gmail.com> |
Hi Fred, Fran, and Annette, (also Mona, Kathy, Roberta, Doug, and Maggie!)
I wanted to make sure we're all on the same page for finishing/mailing the Program Book/Directory and Wildlife Series materials this year. I just got off the phone with Fran and I hope, combined with previous emails with you both and all my notes, that this is correct! Here's what I think will happen - please "reply all" to confirm or fix! thanks
I've included Annette as VP in the process, and am hopeful that Maggie might join the mailing party, date TBD. Please let me know if it was OK to include you where I did.
Sarah
July 8-10: Fran is going to visit the Hartford Post Office to check about the mailing of the Program Book/Directory and pick up boxes for the mailing
July 8-12: Fran is going to order the envelopes from her printer for the mailing. Hopefully these will be #11 as in past years; if the post office needs a different size, she'll call me and we'll discuss options
July 24 - July 30:
Proofreaders Mona Cavallero, Fran D'Amico, and Kathy Hall proof the two documents and send changes to Fred. Sarah Faulkner and Annette Pasek also proofread and send comments to Fred if any.
Fran prepares the Wildlife brochure and tickets for the mailing
July 30: Fred calls Sarah with the number of members in the database to receive program books; Sarah adds some to this number for extras and gives Fred the number to have printed. Fred also tells Sarah the quote for the price of the printing.
July 31: Fred completes the PDF of the program book and takes it to the same printer he used last year.
Action items:
July 31 - Aug 4: Fran prepares the Wildlife brochure and tickets for the mailing
July 10-August 4: Mona works with Tom and Eric to prepare a members tab for the program book information on the website
August 4: Fred sends Word document of both the Program Book and Directory to:
August 15 or earlier if ready: Annette picks up booklets from printer
Sarah sets up mailing party at Fran's church to prepare the mailing. Invited: Fran, Annette, Sarah, Maggie, others?
Annette (or Fran?) take the mailing to the Hartford Post Office
I wanted to make sure we're all on the same page for finishing/mailing the Program Book/Directory and Wildlife Series materials this year. I just got off the phone with Fran and I hope, combined with previous emails with you both and all my notes, that this is correct! Here's what I think will happen - please "reply all" to confirm or fix! thanks
I've included Annette as VP in the process, and am hopeful that Maggie might join the mailing party, date TBD. Please let me know if it was OK to include you where I did.
Sarah
July 8-10: Fran is going to visit the Hartford Post Office to check about the mailing of the Program Book/Directory and pick up boxes for the mailing
July 8-12: Fran is going to order the envelopes from her printer for the mailing. Hopefully these will be #11 as in past years; if the post office needs a different size, she'll call me and we'll discuss options
July 24 - July 30:
Proofreaders Mona Cavallero, Fran D'Amico, and Kathy Hall proof the two documents and send changes to Fred. Sarah Faulkner and Annette Pasek also proofread and send comments to Fred if any.
Fran prepares the Wildlife brochure and tickets for the mailing
July 30: Fred calls Sarah with the number of members in the database to receive program books; Sarah adds some to this number for extras and gives Fred the number to have printed. Fred also tells Sarah the quote for the price of the printing.
July 31: Fred completes the PDF of the program book and takes it to the same printer he used last year.
Action items:
1)
Fred, please make sure that the cover color, whatever you choose, is
the SAME color for both the Program Book and Directory. This is a
request from members and is, I know, a change from what you'd planned
2) Fred, please email Fran with the color choice for the covers -- she will coordinate the color with the Wildlife brochure
2)
Fred, please email me with the quote or receipt for the cost of
printing and send it to Roberta so she can reimburse you (I'm assuming
you're paying for it? If not please call me to make other payment
arrangements)
4) Fred, please email both me and Annette with the pickup date
July 31 - Aug 4: Fran prepares the Wildlife brochure and tickets for the mailing
July 10-August 4: Mona works with Tom and Eric to prepare a members tab for the program book information on the website
August 4: Fred sends Word document of both the Program Book and Directory to:
- Doug Beach for the Crest
- Mona to post on the website
- Maggie to post on FB as individual trip dates near
- Sarah to share in HASNotes as individual trip dates near, as appropriate
August 15 or earlier if ready: Annette picks up booklets from printer
Sarah sets up mailing party at Fran's church to prepare the mailing. Invited: Fran, Annette, Sarah, Maggie, others?
Annette (or Fran?) take the mailing to the Hartford Post Office
Subject:
2020-21 Program Book |
From:
SARAH FAULKNER <sffaulkner@comcast.net> |
Date:
7/7/2019, 6:21 PM |
To:
"Nowak, Fred" <frednowak@comcast.net> |
CC:
HASboard <HASboard@googlegroups.com> |
Hi Fred,
While
I applaud your eagerness to start on next year's 2020-2021 Program
Book, I ask that you remove it from the HASLibrary page. We are going
to follow a different, committee-led process next year with the
contents/format approved by the Board. It is important that this, the
single most important publication of our organization, is developed in a
collaborative manner involving a small group of volunteers. I hope you
will be one of them.
thanks,
Sarah
Subject:
Re: Program Book and Directory Mailing Schedule |
From:
SARAH FAULKNER <sffaulkner@comcast.net> |
Date:
7/7/2019, 6:48 PM |
To:
beachgolfdesign <beachgolfdesign@att.net> |
CC:
"Nowak, Fred" <frednowak@comcast.net> |
Fred has it up on his HASLibrary.org page -- https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1gDR4gxYfKb2_x8F4HInG7ceK4evcef5t on his Google Drive.
If you can't access it, please ask Fred to send it to you in Word format instead -- I'm cc'ing him on this email.
thanks, Doug!
What is your deadline for the Fall Crest? And what do you need from folks?
Sarah
On July 7, 2019 at 6:38 PM beachgolfdesign <beachgolfdesign@att.net> wrote:
Wow, Sarah. Great job keeping things organized.Is there any chance I can get the schedule of September and October trips sometime this week? I am hoping to get the Summer Crest out by July 25th, and the Fall Crest out by Oct. 25th.DougSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphoneHi Fred, Fran, and Annette, (also Mona, Kathy, Roberta, Doug, and Maggie!)-------- Original message --------From: SARAH FAULKNER <sffaulkner@comcast.net>Date: 7/7/19 6:15 PM (GMT-05:00)To: "Nowak, Fred" <frednowak@comcast.net>, "DAmico, Frances" <frandamico525@yahoo.com>, Annette Pasek <apasek@cox.net>Cc: "Mona Cavellero, home" <mcavallero1@comcast.net>, khall3296@comcast.net, Doug Beach <beachgolfdesign@att.net>, Maggie Peretto <wings.mp@gmail.com>Subject: Program Book and Directory Mailing Schedule
I wanted to make sure we're all on the same page for finishing/mailing the Program Book/Directory and Wildlife Series materials this year. I just got off the phone with Fran and I hope, combined with previous emails with you both and all my notes, that this is correct! Here's what I think will happen - please "reply all" to confirm or fix! thanks
I've included Annette as VP in the process, and am hopeful that Maggie might join the mailing party, date TBD. Please let me know if it was OK to include you where I did.
Sarah
July 8-10: Fran is going to visit the Hartford Post Office to check about the mailing of the Program Book/Directory and pick up boxes for the mailing
July 8-12: Fran is going to order the envelopes from her printer for the mailing. Hopefully these will be #11 as in past years; if the post office needs a different size, she'll call me and we'll discuss options
July 24 - July 30:
Proofreaders Mona Cavallero, Fran D'Amico, and Kathy Hall proof the two documents and send changes to Fred. Sarah Faulkner and Annette Pasek also proofread and send comments to Fred if any.
Fran prepares the Wildlife brochure and tickets for the mailing
July 30: Fred calls Sarah with the number of members in the database to receive program books; Sarah adds some to this number for extras and gives Fred the number to have printed. Fred also tells Sarah the quote for the price of the printing.
July 31: Fred completes the PDF of the program book and takes it to the same printer he used last year.
Action items:
1) Fred, please make sure that the cover color, whatever you choose, is the SAME color for both the Program Book and Directory. This is a request from members and is, I know, a change from what you'd planned2) Fred, please email Fran with the color choice for the covers -- she will coordinate the color with the Wildlife brochure2) Fred, please email me with the quote or receipt for the cost of printing and send it to Roberta so she can reimburse you (I'm assuming you're paying for it? If not please call me to make other payment arrangements)4) Fred, please email both me and Annette with the pickup date
July 31 - Aug 4: Fran prepares the Wildlife brochure and tickets for the mailing
July 10-August 4: Mona works with Tom and Eric to prepare a members tab for the program book information on the website
August 4: Fred sends Word document of both the Program Book and Directory to:
August 10 or so: Sarah arranges with Roberta to add money to the non-profit account at the Post Office
- Doug Beach for the Crest
- Mona to post on the website
- Maggie to post on FB as individual trip dates near
- Sarah to share in HASNotes as individual trip dates near, as appropriate
August 15 or earlier if ready: Annette picks up booklets from printer
Sarah sets up mailing party at Fran's church to prepare the mailing. Invited: Fran, Annette, Sarah, Maggie, others?
Annette (or Fran?) take the mailing to the Hartford Post Office
I am terribly disappointed that Fred chooses to air what are private correspondences among HAS volunteers in this way. I think posting this chain was wholely inappropriate.
ReplyDelete